Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Elderly Challenge - Observation 4

Yesterday I went downstairs to eat with my family, including my grandmother. She walked for only a while and felt tired already. She had to sit at a bench halfway to catch her breath. Then she told me that many of her friends also face the same problem, and that most elderly get tired very easily. She also added that when she walk and she does not have support around her, or a seat, she would bend forward so it would not be so pain. I think this is the reason why they tend to slouch and it affects their spine. Because they have been doing it for some time, it becomes a habit and the continue slouching.


There was another problem at the hawker centre. The floor was slippery and uneven. Because of that, the table keeps on moving. My grandma almost dropped her food and fall because of the slippery floor. This is the reason why my grandma hardly likes to go to hawker centers to eat. She might easily slip and get very easily tired after walking a short distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment